Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Repair Altec 291-16K

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Repair Altec 291-16K

    Quote Originally Posted by KBergsson View Post
    Problem with that is that the cost of sendig the pair to US and back to Europe is same as cost of one new GPA driver.
    But once I have got a conclusion from the ebay seller and depending on that conclusion I could phone GPA and hear if there is a possibility of me fixing the drivers myself, with parts from GPA.
    I didn't realize that you are in Europe, although, I see you did mention international shipping. If this was a case of bad packing/shipping, it would have been better to leave them as is, and not take them apart. Now the seller and shipping company have grounds to say that you simply disassembled them.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #12
    Hostboard Member KBergsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Repair Altec 291-16K

    I took a lot of pictures, before and after. The drivers where only held together by the magnetism. The bolts where sheared. I only disassembled the normal maintenance part, i.e diaphram.
    Last edited by KBergsson; August 10th, 2013 at 06:30 AM.

  3. #13
    Hostboard Member KBergsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Repair Altec 291-16K

    Good news, the seller was a gentleman and has refunded the auction price, my loss is postage, import tax and tax handling charges (same amount as auction price). If I can use the refund to salvage one of the units I'll be happy. I'll contakt GPA once I have time to work on this and ask if one or both units can be salvaged with new GPA parts and assembled by me (to reduce postage and handling fees).
    Regards
    Kjartan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.